Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Steampunk Art Journal

Somewhere in time, or just this year,  I discovered steampunk.  From surfing the internet,  looking at paintings, art journals and handmade dolls.  Now I realize it was really far from new,  it could be traced back to Victorian writers like Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.  The other night on an episode of "Warehouse 13,  steampunk was mentioned.   I had a journal with coarse heavy paper that I wasn't using,  so I painted and collaged, building up the background.   Then I went back and started writing,  the robot girl inspired me to tell a story.  I wrote quickly, enjoying it as it became sillier as I went along.   
These are some of the pages!  



I made the man with the hat stamp.  I cut up a bird pix from a magazine, and printed out pictures of clocks and compasses.  The man on the right was from a value study of a painting by Van Gogh.  


I made more stamps, and distressed the paper.  It had a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment