Sunday, November 24, 2013

Inspired by Violette Clark

I had made another watercolor journal and painted a page in watercolor,  regretting it later for a cover.   It would run, smudge,  get ruined.   What's wrong with me, it's only paper, okay- hot pressed  Fabriano artistico.  But I did want a strong cover that would't bend easily.  I had bought Violette's DVD "Teen Dream Journal" so I started that, and going back to this page later, after I made a cardboard cover.  I like working on several things at the same time.
I was going to gesso the cardboard first, but I wound up using acrylic paint, and using Violette's blog as a guide painted the cover.  www.violette.ca/
Mama Cass sang it "dream a little dream of me" but for a cover of a journal, I thought this worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment