Friday, November 1, 2013

Mixed media art journaling

I've been a huge fan of Teesha Moore for years, making the 16 page journal and splashing bright colors and collage across the pages.  Recently I signed up for "Mermaid Circus",  a class she and Jane Davenport were giving online.   I like to use my own photos when I can,  these were tiny yellow perch, and photos of ceramic fish.
I had fun with this page, doodling along and trying not to overdo.  I cut up an 8.5 x11 photo of seashells for the border.  I forgot to gauge the word space on the word Mermaids.  I put the red watercolor across the top and sprayed water to let it run over the yellow (acrylic).   Then I turned it upside down and did the same with blue.  I stamped with acrylic.  The lessons and videos were interesting and fun to watch!  I loved how they encouraged us to go out and share what we've learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment