Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Acrylic, Gouache and Collage Art Journal Page

One of my most favorite artists, Roz Stendahl,  rozwoundup.typepad.com does beautiful gouache work in her journals.
I was looking for some inspiration yesterday and found some of her you-tube videos that I hadn't seen.
I loved her latest journal from the 2013 Fake Journal.  The 2014 begins in April, (www.officialinternationalfakejournalblog.blogspot.com
I looked up one of my favorite shows on you-tube, stopped at spots  I like and tried different sketches with the Pentel brush pen.  Eventually I did one I was happy with and cut it out.  Then I painted it with gouache after I glued it onto the page.

I had already done a background page in acrylic.   I stamped the flowers and then filled them in with paint, it took awhile, I had fun doing it.    The Prince and his bride seemed a perfect fit for the background.























No comments:

Post a Comment