Saturday, December 7, 2013

Steampunk Art Journaling

I first saw the steampunk art of michelelynchart.com in Art Doll magazine Nov/Dec/Jan 2012,  I loved the expressions on her dolls and the use of vintage items.  
Years ago I tried my hand at sewing my own Raggedy Ann dolls, every piece from scratch, and it took several days.  I thought that was the last of my doll making days until recently.
After painting background pages in a new journal I had made, I sketched a few dolls, copied them on my inkjet printer and started a steampunk page.

I googled the clock faces and cut one out for her dress.  I had painted borders and made copies.
I cannabalized a musical greeting card that reminded me of huge headphones.   Then I gave her a friend,  would've like a real zipper for her clothes.  But another clock face doubled for a hat.


I'm nuts about steampunk- for now!   Dolls in the future.  Thank you, Michele Lynch


No comments:

Post a Comment