Sunday, June 22, 2014

Paintings from Kate Thompson's Fractured Angelics e course

It wasn't long after taking Misty Mawn's class that I needed to jump into another online art class.  Fortunately I found Kate Thompson's Fractured Angelics.

I've always loved the Michaelangelo,  Raphael and DaVinci's painting of angels.  Besides in this course I'm also using the modeling paste I bought for Michael DeMeng's class to cover the wood panels. After the first coat of modeling paste (or next time I might buy the joint compound instead) dried, collage papers and stamping can be applied.  Kate's videos are well done and I watch them repeatedly.  I hadn't painted with re-inkers before!

This is the first angel, I used a painting by Abbott Henderson Thayer for a reference.  I'm just starting to use Pinterest  and found so many beautiful paintings.

This was done on a 12 x 12 panel I already had.  When I got the 16 x 16 I added more and more.



Here's the sketch for the last angel using "Psyche" by Nikolas Gyzis for reference and a cherub by Francois Boucher.
I don't know why I just didn't stay with the photo, the profile gave me enough trouble.  I'd lose the hair and flowers, and definitely I need to sketch more.   Hoping to go see the Pre-Raphaelites exhibit in NY at the Met soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment