Sunday, June 22, 2014

Upcoming Library Art Journaling classes for teens.

I'm extremely excited and  happy to be working with the Sachem Public Library again to offer art classes for teens in nature, themed, and steampunk.  In preparing for the classes I got together some of the journals I've done in the last five years. I can't pinpoint when I started art journaling.  I guess I started slowly, doodling in the margins of written journals, and occasionally adding color.
 I had taken classes in watercolor and collage and afterwards began to do more and more collage.  I found artists on flicker, in magazines and books like Teesha Moore, Violette Clark and Pam Carriker, as well as many others.  My first online class was with Cathy Johnson whose work I first saw years ago in Country Living magazine,  and am still in awe of.

Some of my nature journals.

Themed.   Dream, Affirmation, Junk- you name it!


Steampunk


I love carving my own stamps and I've tried sketching some steampunk characters and put them in a story.  



No comments:

Post a Comment